Stag/Stag Digest Archive

new to the list

hello all,

What a delight to read about stags all day. I live in The Netherlands and
since '95 I own a '71 sapphire blue manual overdrive 'A' (commissionno.
LD2292LO and engineno. LF2269HE). I imported it from the USA but it was
originally build for the European continent. So it has lefthand steering and
has kilometer calibrated instruments. Most problems I encountered during
ownership and even more I can read about in the list so I now know what to
expect for the future.
However, one item, about oilburning engines, , I could not yet find in the
list . Mine uses about one quarter of a gallon (UK) of 20W50 oil every 1000
miles or so. What would be normal and what would be just acceptable. The
engine is running very good returning about 25-27 MPG(UK) but that  maybe is
a possitive side-effect of the lack of friction in the (worn) engine.

regards Paul