Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Windscreen is in at last

On 6/12/99 9:58 AM, Steve Smith sent this message:

>Using all the tips I have accumulated, I built-up the windscreen and
>trim off the car (it would be impossible to install the trim while on
>the car).

We recently installed the chrome trim on the windshield of our Stag in
about 30 minutes after the windscreen was installed. The process is to
place a fairly sturdy cord (such as clothesline or drapery cord) beneath
the rubber flap. Use lots of soapy water on the rubber. Dangle the ends
of the cord away from the windscreen so that when you lay the trim down
it goes over the top of the cord. While pressing on the outer edge of the
trim, pull down on the cord. The pulls the rubber flap back so that as
the cord moves the flap goes into the slot on the trim. It took four
people to do this. The extra hands were for holding the trim in place as
the person pulling the cord would go one direction for awhile and then
the other direction.

Not at all an easy chore. But it can be done.

Thomas Santee
73 Stag
Eugene, Oregon