Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Diff parts

Hello everyone.

One of the parts that is impossible to get (I think) in Australia is the
crown wheel and pinion for an original stag diff. What happens here is that
when they break, people put in 2500 diffs which have less robust gears. Now
I am going to the UK in Sept and I figure that this is something I should
try to bring back, then rebuild an original diff. I have been informed that
remanufactured ones are available but their quality is questionable.

Are these original parts available? Should I pursue this or rebuild a 2500
diff? What other parts would be critical to bring back in my carry-on
luggage?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

JoHn