Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag Purchase

In a message dated 09-Jun-99 15:43:42 Eastern Daylight Time,
gprtech@domain.elided writes:

> Art the Torquetrol unit is a device that fites behind the fan on it's shaft
> and
>  limits the spin of the fan. It's intended to limit power loss and keep fan
> noise
>  down, but seems to just be another source of possible problems in the Stag
>  cooling system.

Thanks, George.  Since my car has a Ford V-6 engine in it, I don't know if it
has the original fan or not.  However the fan does look different than the
one in the manual. But there is some kind of crazy looking aluminum part
right behind the blades.

Reason I asked is that my radiator had a pin hole about half-way down on the
back  side and someone suggested that the torque unit was the culprit.  I
think that the radiator is just old.  I will definitely replace it.  Thanks
again.  Cheers.

Art Kelly