Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Decal placement

Jim Hatch wrote:

> I am new to your list, and am pleased to be connecting with what appears to
> be an interesting group of like-minded people.  Although I have not joined a
> club (yet!), I have owned my Stag for 23 years.  It is a manual '73, with
> electric o/d, and all the trimmings.  It has always been garaged and well
> maintained, and currently has about 49,000 miles on it.  In honor of its
> 25th birthday I have just had it repainted its original mustard color, and
> the local body shop has allowed me to do all the non-body work. I am in the
> process of putting it all back together, and with the help of a few new
> gaskets and trim pieces from Rimmer I am ensuring that everything is like
> new.  Now the question:  the little square blue decal that goes on the side
> panel behind the front tires seems to be in different places depending whose
> Stag photo I look at, and I can find no specs in my owner's or shop manual.
> If anybody could tell me its rightful place I would be grateful.

Jim,

Welcome to the list, sounds like a nice car !

I have an original BL brochure with the Stag in and I will have a look
to see if and where the badge is fitted in relation to the edges of the
wing. However it may have been a dealer fitment in which case it could
be anywhere !

I vaguely remember this question being asked before on this list so you
could try the archives.

Regards,

Dave.
--