Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Decal placement

I am new to your list, and am pleased to be connecting with what appears to
be an interesting group of like-minded people.  Although I have not joined a
club (yet!), I have owned my Stag for 23 years.  It is a manual '73, with
electric o/d, and all the trimmings.  It has always been garaged and well
maintained, and currently has about 49,000 miles on it.  In honor of its
25th birthday I have just had it repainted its original mustard color, and
the local body shop has allowed me to do all the non-body work. I am in the
process of putting it all back together, and with the help of a few new
gaskets and trim pieces from Rimmer I am ensuring that everything is like
new.  Now the question:  the little square blue decal that goes on the side
panel behind the front tires seems to be in different places depending whose
Stag photo I look at, and I can find no specs in my owner's or shop manual.
If anybody could tell me its rightful place I would be grateful.
Jim Hatch
Lenox, MA