Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stag Purchase?

Hi All,

I am still searching for a stag, and have more than one I am currently
considering,
unfortunately, there are various issues with each of them to take into
account.

I have a couple of questions:

(1) One of them does not have a soft top or frame, will I be able to
find a frame and all necessary fixing hardware in the future and what
could be the cost?

(2) One of the cars would need shipping, has anybody got any experience
of having this done and could recommend a company to perform this
service.

(3) The other car has had a different radiator installed together with
an electric fan.  The original fan has been removed  and the owner says
it is because there is insufficient room due to the radiator upgrade.
Is this OK, or should you retain the original fan, even with the
addition of the electric fan?

(4) I have driven both cars for approx 30 mins and left them idling for
a while and there is no sign of overheating, but these were not
particularly hot days, so could there still be problems?

I really would appreciate comments with regards to any of the questions,

Thanking you in anticipation,

Alan B.'