Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag Purchase

Alan

>(1) One of them does not have a soft top or frame, will I be able to
find a frame and all necessary fixing hardware in the future and what
could be the cost?

Even the exchange frame will cost you about 600 UKP. And that requires to get an used rebuildable one first ...

>(3) The other car has had a different radiator installed together with
an electric fan.  The original fan has been removed  and the owner says
it is because there is insufficient room due to the radiator upgrade.
Is this OK, or should you retain the original fan, even with the
addition of the electric fan?

I removed the original as well. I don't need more then the electric. In normal driving condition the electric doesn't come on at all. So I see no need to put the old one back in again, and the torque control is on more thing to fix.

Tom

  (stolen from Greg Petrolati)

"Life is too short to drive boring cars!"
Thomas Jell                       | '79 Spitfire (running, running, ...)
81730 Muenchen                    | '74 STAG     (running ... after some work)
E-mail: tjell@domain.elided             |              (during the last two years)
                                  | '63 TR 4     (being rebuilt)

WWW: british car		  | http://www.team.net/sol/
     Triumph Home Page	          | http://www.team.net/www/triumph/