Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Lorenzo's Lament

First Union Capital Markets Corp.

Lorenzo:

Sorry to hear that you are out of the game.  It is obvious that you have
spent considerable time and money on the car, I know that this decision was
not an easy one.  BTW, I love the Volvo, and am somewhat relieved that you
are on the left coast which is an impediment to me looking at the car (I am
on the right coast of the US).

For the list at large...was there a radio unique to the MKI US Stag?  I have
sourced a period AM/FM radio (from a TR-6) and am wondering if it differed
from what would have come in the Stag.  Were these dealer installed?  What
options were available?  I may install the "original" AM/FM pushbutton
(which is very sportily clad with the BL logo) and then rig a real system in
the parcel tray area........I have not looked at the wiring diagram, but I
am assuming that the black and red fused lines are power and ground for the

I would also be interested in hearing what other owners have done with
respect to sound systems in their stags.

Thanks

Mark D. Weir
"Stagrlee"
1971 4sp, Saffron/Black, 55K original miles