Stag/Stag Digest Archive

turn signals-help!

I am still stumped with the front turn signals, parking, marker lamps on my
U.S. spec '72 Stag and wonder if anyone can shed some light on this one
(pardon the pun).  The L/R front parking lamps work fine.  The L turn signal
works, but the R does not; comes on steady but does not flash.  All of the
bulbs are good, I believe.  Could the flasher unit be bad?  I would think if
it flashes for one direction then the flasher unti would be O.K.

My real problem is the front side marker lamps.  The L flashes with the L
turn signal and does not come on with the parking lamps.  The R marker lamp
is just dead.  The wiring diagram calls out RO for both marker lamp + wires,
but my wiring harness has GR for the L and GW for the R.  These are the same
as the turn signal wires.  There are 4 separate wire bundles coming out of
the main harness up front.  a 3 wire bundle for the L turn signal (GR, BR,
B), a 2 wire bundle for the L marker light (GR, B), a 2 wire bundle for the R
marker (GW, B), and a 3 wire bundle for the R turn signal (GW, RO, B).  There
are not any extra RO wires to be found.  The GW and GR wires on the side
markers do not match the wiring diagram, but it appears to be a factory
harness that hasn't been altered.  It sure looks like the marker lights are
supposed to flash with the turn signals and not illuminate with the parking
lamps.  BTW, the rear side markers do illuminate with the parking lamps and
do not flash with the turn signals.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Frank Magnusson
Wichita, KS.