Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stag - wiper motor operation

I am trying to find out why the windscreen wipers on my 73 MK2 Stag stop
do not return to the down position when I turn the switch to the off
position. They just stop where ever they happen to be on the windshield.
I am told there is a limiting switch that needs to be adjusted. Does
anyone know what the procedure is to test this switch and what I should
be looking for to fix this problem.

 Also, the car actually has intermittent wipers (no Lucas jokes please).
You pull the switch forward and it starts an intermittent wipe cycle.
But, maybe due to the same problem, the arms come half way up, stop for
2-3 seconds, then travel 1/4 way down, stop 2-3 seconds, before finishing
the complete cycle. Are they supposed to stop in the up position? All of
the American cars I have do a complete cycle before pausing.

As always, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Larry Miceli
Pompano Beach, Florida
'73 Stag
'66 Herald

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]