Stag/Stag Digest Archive

stuck throttle

The throttle cable on my Stag has become stuck lately.  The end of the cable
out at the engine fits into a fitting, but I either don't have the right
fitting or it's come apart.  Anyway the hole in the end of the fitting is
large enough for the end of the cable housing to go through it, and then the
cable and housing both move when I press on the throttle.  Fortunately, it
sticks at low revs.  Any suggestions?  If I buy a new cable does this fitting
come with it?  Does anyone sell the fitting that the cable goes into?

Thanks,
Frank Magnusson
Wichita, KS. USA.