Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag - wiper motor operation

ILawrence

I had exactly the same problem on my 1975 MkII Stag when I bought it 3
years ago.  I originally thought I would need a new wiper switch or
motor assembly but when I stripped the motor mechanics (not the
electrical motor itself) down, found an adjustable slider in the body
that determines when the wipers "park".

After a few attempts (each one nessesitating putting it all back
together to see where the wipers "parked", I got it right.

Whilst the motor was out, I took the oportunity to push as much grease
down the wipercable tube as possible.  3 years on and there are still
OK.

From memory, and mine isn't good, you may be able to adjust with the
wiper motor in place.  Good luck.

--
David Horsnell
The Classic Reserve Limited - storing and transporting classics