Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Castrol ??

Hello all...

This week I've been rebuilding the front brakes on my "new" '72 Stag, and
both times I've ordered parts I've been reminded to use only Castrol brake
fluid.  Otherwise, bad things will happen to the rubber stuff.

I've had lots of TR 3s and 4s over the past 30 years and have never had a
brake fluid caused problem that I'm aware of.  I'm pretty sure that I've
never used Castrol during that time, especially since it would probably have
cost a little more than whatever else was available at the discount auto
place, 7-11, or whatever.

Is there anything about the Stag parts that can be hurt by NAPA brand Dot4
brake fluid?

Thanks...
Don Marshall
'57 TR3  '63 TR3B  '63 TR4  '67 TR4A  '72 Stag