Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: 1971 Stag

Hi

So you saw the USA prices USdollars 2500 rustfree.
My 6300 pounds on the Canadian would be nowhere near concours.
For that we would need to be talking engine out and paint job underneath and
engine bay.
New hood
New Hardtop
New fascia wood
New instruments
Completely stripped and powder coated hood frame and suspension
New brake lines
New loom
And so on and so on
Your ten k over nine years includes maintenance and is OK.
My car which is not that good has cost 14K over 9 nine years, but in 1990 the
price I paid was mucher higher than it would be today.
My 14 k  is 3.5 to buy, 7 to repair(Engine 2K auto+diff 1K rack + suspension
1K+ 1k 100percent brake system + 2K on tyres alternator new hood, other
stuff) , 3.5 to maintain  and cover 45000 miles. Over 200 parts orders and 25
service bills.
In 1990 some Stags then were being offered around 18 to 25 and the whole
world was going mad. Now you can get a 100percent concours for 15K. A good
show winner at about 8 to 10. I think a full restoration by professionals,
using normal parts, and not leather interior etc, would cost 15 to 18.

Sob not, your parameters are fine.
Peter