Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Public Slamming

John Clayton wrote:

> Well I've read and re-read all the mails on this issue...

I'll tell you one thing, I'm tired of it. I don't own a Stag yet, but
the infighting between these two clubs makes me wonder if I'll join
either one if and when I do locate and buy a car.

In the US, we have numerous marque specific and overall Triumph Clubs.
The ones I belong to, the Vintage Triumph Register and the TR8 Car Club
of America, embrace each other freely. In spite of the overlap, there is
no animosity between them and many people belong to both. In fact, the
VTR encouraged the TR8CCA even after we decided (I was a charter member)
to form our own club in 1983 rather than start a VTR chapter and compete
for scarce space in the VTR's newsletter.

This public backstabbing does little to further the cause of either
group, and it turns off people like me who are looking to buy into the
marque. If you want to duke it out, do so in private. In public, unless
you have something good to say about each other, say nothing. Didn't
your mothers ever tell you that? You people need to grow up.

There, I said it.

Wayne Simpson                                   wsimpson@domain.elided
                                    http://www.cybercomm.net/~wsimpson

     Original owner, 1980 TR8 #TPVDV8AT213188
     Posieden Green, Golden Tan Check

Brick Township, NJ                              I actively fight SPAM!