Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Rear Subframe

I've sent this again as it appears to have got lost in the ether...

Hello All

Please could I have views about where exactly is the safest/best place to
jack up the rear of the body prior to removing the rear suspension
subframe?   None of the manuals seem to be specific on that.

Incidentally, I've just removed the B-Post interior trim panels.   On the
back  is scribbled "KB"  26/8/75 so I suppose that gives me a reasonably
accurate guide to the build date.   However, the metal backing panels have
cut-outs for MK I style interior lamps.  I wonder if that means that
British Leyland didn't bother to re-design for MK II or was it just that
they still had lots of MK I specification panels lying around over 2 years
after MK II was introduced?

regards

Alastair