Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Oil and Filter Change

<snip>
> I am always a bit concerned starting up with no pressure.
<snip>

Definitely fill the oil filter with as much oil as possible before
fitting it.

I tend to pull the inertia switch and the wire off the coil, then crank
it on the starter until the oil pressure comes up, then reconnect, run
the engine for a few minutes, leave it to stand for 15mins and then top
up as necessary.

This may be of no benefit whatsoever but it makes me feel better !

Dave.

--
	Dave Biggs
	Senior Design Engineer