Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Oil and Filter Change

I'd agree with most of what you've said but I don't see
the need to "lower the jack to complete draining".
(Assuming the whole front of the Stag is raised
of course. I'd agree if you only jacked the driver's side)

On an environmental note the most important thing you
said was "Old oil to local waste collection centre."
Engine oil poured down the domestic drain network
causes MAJOR pollution.

Some garages have facilities for accepting waste oil
and local council dumps should also have facilities.
There's no excuse for not using them. (One can hardly
claim not to have any transport!)

John Clayton
SOC mem.no.1570