Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Oil and Filter Change

Hi all
Thanks for hints and tips on changing oil.
I agree warm oil but not hot. Its bound to get on your hands.
I have always taken the old oil down to the Waste Centre. Thanks to John for
emphasising the importance of this.
I only jacked up the drivers side, where the outrigger meets the logitudinal
member, and an axle stand placed under the steering rack connect bracket, just
in case of jack failure.

I tried spinning the engine without coil lead. but not enough cranking power
to really get the pressure up.
Seems I am generally OK.
Thanks again.
Peter H.