Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Steering rack question

One thing a Triumph service bulletin regarding PAS rack leaks mentioned
(this was published in Club Triumph).

 "If the system has run dry the pump must be changed as well. This was
due to the pump "scuffing" when used dry and particles of metal in the
system wrecking the new seals!" This in turn caused more leaks. The
bulletin actually mentioned a car that had had 3 replacement racks.

Personally I'd be tempted to just thoroughly flush the pump and pipe
work out before fitting. Sorry if I'm spreading gloom - doom and
despondency.

Richard  Brake
richard.brake@domain.elided