Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: BW Autobox Mod 35

Mike
Thanks
I think you are right, its a box out and clutch job.
I cannot imagine why the rebuilder sent it out with a slipping rear clutch.
Its been like this now for 40K miles since it was overhauled but as it goes at
70mph  OK I am in no hurry to spend out on it. It would have been nice if it
was something else.
Strange that it flicks in and out of 3rd at speeds over 75 mph but OK under
that.
Also fluid I just changed which was 40K miles old has no sign of burning.
Thanks again
Peter H