Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: fuel indicator

Hi Glenn
Originally fuel gauges before 1960 were terrible. Needle swinging about all
over the place. Then they calmed them down, through development of the design
of the instrument technology I imagine. Then I guess they thought, lets put a
warning light, forgetting for a moment that a bulb is either on or off. Hence
it flutters. The engineers were ready for early retirement, and the next bunch
came along and designed the device that stops the flicker.
The piece of black tape? No, I am sorry that is not Triumph engineering. It
could have been Triumph production. Look what they did to the engines! A
brilliant engine ruined by lousy manufacture and assembly.
Peter H