Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: fuel indicator

Well Peter, "relatively easy" is a relative term ... ;-}  I suppose if you are
an electronically savy person, you could make a smart little delay circuit that
would wait a minute or two before relaying the signal on to the Low Fuel
indicator light.

BUT, that would absolutely, positively,  not be proper in the vast Triumph Stag
design, as the Handbook clearly states, and I quote from page 11:  (D) Fuel -
The `Fuel' indicator glows red when the quantity of fuel in the tanks falls
below 6.8 litres (1.5 gallons).  Fuel surge may cause the indicator to glow
intermittently before the fuel is reduced to this amount."  Who are we to tamper
with this philosophy?  The PROPER Triumph design modification is a piece of
black tape over the indicator ... (boy an I gonna get nailed for that one)  ;-}

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
*J*O*I*N**Y*O*U*R**L*O*C*A*L**T*R*I*U*M*P*H**C*L*U*B**T*O*D*A*Y*
*Member of:
*VTR, RMTC, TSC USA, TSR, SOC