Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: fuel indicator

Nice one Glenn, have you got a Stan-Part number for that piece of black
tape or is this an after-market conversion?

The problem with the indicator (as I see it) is that the saloons had a
deep/narrow tank whereas the Estate and Stag have a shallow/wide tank
(same part no. I believe). I like the red light flashing it reminds me
check the other gauges (oil and water). Although my wife's comment is "I
don't need to put petrol in as the lights not on all the time, yet," The
saloon is better I'm afraid, it only comes on around 1/3-1/4 of a tank.

Alternatively just pull the wire or the bulb.