Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag Door mirror

Hi Larry
Well done.
It reminds me how I saved my Radio Aerial.
It is a chrome teardrop type as per Early Mk1 Test cars. See pictures of
RRW97H.
It got seized up and broke being 25 years old at the time.
I bought a replacement Triumph Dolomite Aerial, a copy part - not OE - but
available, and replaced the mounting with the teardrop moulding off the Stag.
It even stands vertical now, instead of leaning outwards as it used to do. So
"Well pleased with that one".

Sorry about the shiny Saddle tan situation. Best bet now is to buy an old
wreck of a triumph 2000 Mk1 with that smooth Ambla for £150 and use a tin of
Vinylkote to change the colour. Unfortunately the Triumph 2000 Tan is
different. Saddle Tan was only used in Stags. All other Triumphs have "New
Tan" which I suppose is lighter.

Good luck

Peter H