Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Rubber Mounting 148779

Fellow Enthusiasts,

As a result of the discussion on rubber components, I would like to try
an experiment to see if you would be prepared to contribute in a
practical way to the improvement of the supply situation. I'd like to
run this experiment with part no 148779, which is the rubber mounting
used to support both the auto gearbox oil cooler and fuel pump.

I have today made an arrangement with Tony Lee of Stagpro, phone 01564
783428, to have some high-quality reproduction parts made for members of
this forum to try out and comment on. I would like as many people as
possible, please, to contact Tony and place your orders for the quantity
you need. The price and delivery will depend on the level of interest.
You do not have to be a member of any particular car club, or indeed any
club at all, to be able to participate.

At the moment, this experiment has been initiated by Tony and myself and
SOCTFL is not involved. However, if we are successful, and the new part
looks viable, I will submit it to SOCTFL for third-party approval under
the SOCTFL "tick" scheme.

Also, if sufficient people respond to make this approach viable, we will
hopefully be able to repeat the exercise with at least some of the other
rubber parts.

I would like to point out, before anyone asks, that I have no financial
involvement at all in this exercise, I'm just facilitating. Over to you
!

Regards,
Phil Wardle
Director, SOCTFL