Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: MK I vs MK II

Hi all,

I am still looking for a Stag here in the San Francisco Bay Area,
although
I've looked at a couple I still haven't found the one.

Anyway, I was wondering about the lists views on MK 1 vs MK 2, please
could you explain the differences, advantages, disadvantages of one over
the other.  (I am right in assuming a 1971 is MK 1 and a 1973 is MK 2?)

Also, am I better advised to try and find a Stag where the engine has
been
professional rebuilt fairly recently, or one with fairly low mileage
(50K) with
no apparent overheating, leaking head gaskets etc. or are the problems
just waiting to happen and under my ownership?

Just wanted some views/advice,

Thanking you all,

Alan B.'