Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: RE: Anybody know any history?

   Wendy,
         In that case, it almost certainly wont qualify for Road Tax exemption.
Mine is a late Mk1, sometimes called a Mk1 1/2, because it has some Mk2
features. In fact, I've confused myself because I've just checked the logbook
and found the Comm. No. is LD12517, which seems to blow the theory that Mk1's
went from LD1 to LD11000 (I got that piece of information from The Triumph
Home Page at http://www.team.net/triumph/ , so we'll blame them if it's wrong!!)
Anyway, mine was registered in July 1972 and is among the last eligible for tax
exemption,
       Stan Barnett

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:04:57 -0000 Wendy Dron <Wendy@domain.elided> wrote:

> Erm, looks like I should have made sure my fingers were properly awake
> before I started typing!
>
> It's actually a Mk II, on an N reg, first registered on 1st August 74.
> Might help if I got my facts straight before I started asking questions I
> suppose! ;-)
>
> As for Faversham Classics, this was pretty much something they had sitting
> around for some time, and nobody seemed to know anything much about it at
> all - I think they were glad to see the back of it!
>
> Thanks for that info on the commission no's too - looks like ours was smack
> bang in the middle of the MkII run.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wendy
>
> >            Are you sure that's a Mk.1 with an 'N' plate. If
> > it is, it must have
> > been in stock a long time before the original owner purchased
> > it, because
> > the Mk1 was built only from Jun 1970 to Jan 1973, through commission
> > numbers LD1 -- LD 11000. Mk2's had commission numbers
> > LD20001-- LD45722.
> >           Have you asked Faversham Classics if they know
> > anything about the car?
> >                                                     Stan Barnett.

S.A.Barnett,
Deputy Director of Estates,