Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Anybody know any history?

    Hi, Wendy,
           Are you sure that's a Mk.1 with an 'N' plate. If it is, it must have
been in stock a long time before the original owner purchased it, because
the Mk1 was built only from Jun 1970 to Jan 1973, through commission
numbers LD1 -- LD 11000. Mk2's had commission numbers LD20001-- LD45722.
          Have you asked Faversham Classics if they know anything about the car?
                                                    Stan Barnett.

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999 13:47:43 -0000 Wendy Dron <Wendy@domain.elided> wrote:

> Hello All
>
> Firstly, does anyone know any of the history of our recently acquired
> sapphire blue Mk I, reg. FJK 80 N.  We bought it in the Faversham area of
> Kent (via Faversham Classics), and it's (only?) had 8 previous owners since
> 1st August '73.  Any information on its past would be of interest.
>
> Secondly, does anyone have a record of the last engine/chassis no that is
> eligible for "free" road tax in the UK?  Being as this is a '73 car, we know
> it's unlikely that this one will be free, but there's no harm in wondering!
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Wendy

> Wendy Dron, BA(Hons), PGDip, AITI
> Senior Staff Translator