Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Anybody know any history?

Wendy,

I can't help you with the history of your Stag, but
I know a man who can! (or might be able to)

He is PETER ROBINSON, the Membership Secretary
and Registrar of the Stag Owners' Club.
You can e-mail him at "stagmemsec@domain.elided"
or ring him on 01379 677735.

You can also join the SOC at the same time, if you're
not already a member.  There is a club website at
"www.ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/triumph_stag"

I have a list of registration numbers of members' Stags
from when I was Mem.Sec. back in 1986 but your number
doesn't appear on it.

If Peter can't help you can get details of previous owners
from the DVLA.  This can take several weeks though.
Have a look at their website at
"www.dvla-som.co.uk/frames.html"

At to your other question, the last Stag manufactured
in 1972 was Commission number LD 21086.
This information comes from
"Triumph Stag - The Complete History" by Dave Jell.

For those SOC members with Stags registered in early 1973
but BUILT in 1972 (i.e. Comm. number lower than LD 21087)
Peter Robinson can provide a letter to show to DVLA which
will save you paying Road Tax.

Regards,
John Clayton
SOC member no.1570