Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Anyone in Reno seen this?

Dear Stag list members,
	Is there anyone in or near Reno, NV who know about this car in the Ebay
auction? You can heck it out at
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=51710353
I'm much nmore interested in a car with an original Stag V8 engine, but
given this car's low price and supposedly straight and rust free body, I
could consider getting it and doing a Rover V8 conversion on it.
	I would ask what the market is on complete Stag engines to get it back
to stock, but fear the cost would be astronomical, especially without a
core to trade. Am I right?
	I also live in New Jersey, and getting it here from Reno would be a
problem. Somebody talk me out of this. I haven't checked on the car
myself for fear of going deeper into it. Opinions?

Wayne Simpson                                   wsimpson@domain.elided
                                    http://www.cybercomm.net/~wsimpson

     Original owner, 1980 TR8 #TPVDV8AT213188
     Posieden Green, Golden Tan Check

Brick Township, NJ                              I actively fight SPAM!