Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Instrument Illumination

I'm not sure if this issue has been raised before (if we had searchable
archives I could have found out for myself!!) but the illumination of the
instrument panel on my Stag leaves a lot to be desired. Even with the panel
rheostat on full blast I have only ever got very subdued illumination
compared with today's cars. All the instruments are at about the same level
although the automatic gear selector seems much brighter. Is this another
Stag trait or have a I got a bad earth, faulty rheostat etc.?

Pelham West