Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: oil pressure fluctuations

bruce

greetings and thank you for your comments.

To answer your question, sometime ago I changed the filter and oil and then I refilled my actual messurement of the oil amount in pints as per the manual.  Startted the car and ran to fill filter etc and left it stand for a couple of hours.   It was then I discovered that the level was about .25 inch above the level on the dip stick.  I now fill to this level.

As for your comment re the pickup yes I have thought of that but unless I can find a well educated, oil resistance worm I guess I will have to live with the problem.

in the meantime keeps taggering   Brian