Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Re ROM errors

 To answer your questions:

> Removal of the battery would give you more room to work, as well as
> eliminating a potential hazard from dropping tools across the terminals.

Removal doesn't give the space you need to get past the radiatorpipe.
You are correct about eliminating a hazerd, safety first.
On my car the battery clips have plastic covers (orginal ?) no open
terminals, dropping tools do not give a short circuit so I forgot about it.

>Also, will this procedure work if a fan cowl is in place?

My car is a Euro spec car and was not supplied with a fan cowl so I do not
know if it will work. Looking at the drawing in the parts catalogue it is
hard to tell. It will work if the radiator pipe can be moved foreward with
the cowl in place. The tricky part is to get the alternator past the
radiator pipe.