Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Interior light switch

Has anyone purchased a Stag interior light switch
recently, and, if so, are they happy with it?

This is the switch just to the left of the gearlever,
part number 519916.

SOC Spares Ltd (here in the UK) tell me the original
is obsolete, but believed they'd been selling a direct
replacement, as found on another vehicle.
However, the one I've just bought from them doesn't
function as it should, and they've asked me to investigate
futher.

Referring to the wiring diagram (they are all the same
though in later ones the wires to terminals 1 and 2 are
drawn slightly differently):-

In the "OFF" position terminal 3 is connected to 7, and
4 to 8.  This allows either door to switch on the puddle lamp,
console lamp and 'B post' lamp on the same side, when opened.

(Note. the words "console" and 'B post' are replaced by
"footwell" and "courtesy" on MK11's where there are 2 bulbs
in the central light below the T-bar.)

In the "ON" position terminal 1 is connected to 3, and 2
to 4. This switches on both console (footwell) lamps
and both 'B post' (courtesy) lamps, but not the puddle lamps.

On my switch there is no connection to terminals 7 and 8,
so the puddle lamps wouldn't work if I installed it in the car.

It's possible I've just got a duff switch. They haven't yet
checked the others they hold.

Any comments?

John Clayton
SOC mem. no.1570