Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Alternator Wiring

Hi All

I'm in the process of cleaning the offside under bonnet area and having
removed
the alternator  I am slightly puzzled with the wiring.

On the end of the  wiring harness that connects to the alternator there is a
white block with 2 thick brown wires and 1 thinner brown/yellow wire . This
plugs straight into the back of the alternator no problem. However I also have
a single brown wire with a standard connector  which is currently  not
connected. A previous owner, dumb or maybe not so dumb, had  taped  this
wire to the harness to keep it out of the way. I'm assuming it was a
previous owner and not the factory as the insulation tape used is different
from
the rest.

Where should wire this go? Anywhere? or should just I tape it up again? I
can't
see anywhere to connect it to on the alternator

Regards,

Nick
76 MKII Manual/OD in BRG
(Picture at  http://members.aol.com/nickarg)