Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Alternator Wiring

Hello Nick,
	If the tape holding back the smaller wire looks like masking tape, it could
very well be from the factory.  Your car (a 1976) was fitted with the later
18ACR alternator that did not use an external voltage regulator relay, fitted
from LD20001 and LE20272 onward.  This wire went to a second short harness that
connected to the charging relay fitted in older units on the right inner fender
prior to the above chassis numbers.

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
Triumph Stag Register USA VP

"Keep Your Stag Cool, Install a NEW Composite Cowl Today"
See it at the site below:
http://pw1.netcom.com/~gmerrel/stagcowl001.html

Support your Local and National Triumph Clubs

Vintage Triumph Register membership inquiry's:
http://www.vtr.org/brochure/membership-form.html

Triumph Stag Club, USA membership inquiry's to:
Bruce Krobusek, President
mailto:brucekro@domain.elided

Triumph Stag Registry UK membership inquiry's to:
Mike Wattam, Chairman
mailto:101714.1343@domain.elided