Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Tickford Triumph Stag

Hi,
Whilst browsing through a book on 'forgotten cars' in a local motorway
service station, I came across an article about a Tickford Triumph Stag.
Apparently the car was 10 years old when it was taken by Tickford and
modified. This gave it flared wheel arches, bigger wheels (compomotive
look), an uprated 200bhp engine and fancy black paint work. Ironically
enough, they modified the front grill to give it the 'smooth blanked off
look' (as seen on the Tickford capri). Quite how they got around the
overheating, I don't know - Maybe it was the power scoop in the bonnet that
got round it.
Anyway, the car was reportedly purchased by a 'northern car enthusiast' for
a mere £20,000, who put it in a centrally heated garage. The car hasn't been
seen since.
Does anybody have any further information on this car - magazine articles /
press releases etc etc?

Many Thanks
Chris