Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Fuel Pump

It looks as if I will be in the market for a fuel pump.  Where
domestically (US) can I get one and what is a reasonable price?  I may
be able to salvage the one from my parts car, but I am not counting on
it working, as the car has been sitting for several years.  What is
involved in rebuilding the fuel pump?  Anyone ever done it?  Also, (I
know this has been addressed in the past) my mechanic is tellling me
that the stainless steel exhaust units do not fit as well as the
original spec units and are much more prone to rattle as they do not
hang as well as the originals.  Any opinions on this subject?  Not to be
too naïve (I have long since blown my cover), but what exactly is the
difference between a small bore and large bore exhaust system?

Hoping to be Staggering by the year 2000 (and more than a bit cynical at
this point.......)

Mark Weir