Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Howdy Folks!

Hey there,

I'm a regular on the Triumphs mailing list and I've been lurking on this one ever since I
learned that I'm going to be a father....

Anyway, even though I'll never give up my TR, I need a Triumph with a backseat and I
really love Stags. After I divest my various Spifire bitz and my Norton Commando 850,
I'll be Stag shopping.

I know the various pitfalls of Stag engines so I won't bring you down with the usual
questions about that topic. And I won't ask about how hard is it to fit a Rover V8
ect.... (the last guy I spoke to wanted to bail out cheap on a "partial" V6 conversion--
yikes! Ford 2.6 -- at least he could have gone with a Buick or a Rover V8)...of course
I'd rather have an OHC Triumph V8! (Someday I'd like to convert one back!)

But say I find a nice Stag -- but it's an (ailing) automatic? Do people ever convert to
TH350 or TH700 like Jag people sometimes do? Do the BW (35?) 's work decently enough?

Can the master cyl/servo be rebuilt by say..... Apple Hydraulic? Anyone ever up date the
A/C with a modern compressor and R134?

I've read all the commonly available info on the net, but if anyone has any further words
of wisdom feel free to chime in.....

Thanks.

Chris Lillja
Spit MkIV