Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Front suspension rebuild

Mike

Here in Australia there are 2 spring manufactures.  After I bought the
springs I found out that manufacturer that  I selected specify the same
springs for the stag and the sedans.

I will just have to wait a littel longer to see if they settle.

These new springs while shorter initally than stated in the WSM's have more
grunt in the coil thickness

as for the sag in the RH side of RHD cars, mine was the other way round the
left spring was about 1 inch or so shorter.

As for tyre sizes , I posted the following info some time ago.
A Michelin dealer gave me the following details regarding rolling
circumference.

Standard 175    * 14  =  634 millimetres

         185.70 * 14  =  616

         195.75 * 14  =  630

So it would seem that the 195's are the closest to the 175 originals, with
only a .63% negative difference,
whereas the 185  have a 2.99% negative difference

keep staggering    Brian