Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Fuel Tank Float

The float on my sending unit located in the fuel (petrol) tank has sunk once
again. (This is a small drum shaped float made of white plastic). It
apparentally has worn thru the plastic beneath the wire hoop which attaches it
to the sending unit arm.Over time, the float fills up with gasoline and sinks.
I have previously glued up the holes, and last time used a soldering iron to
seal the holes. I am getting tired of having to remove and reseal it, but
can't seem to find a replacement.
Has anyone else had this problem? Besides looking for a used one, what did you
do? (I am about to try soldering a domestic brass float to the arm).

Best Regards, Mike Moore
Morgan Hill, Ca