Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Temperature Guages

Hi all

You can always tell Stag drivers in the street, away from their cars.  They
are the people with the squint adopted from driving with one eye on their
temperature guage and the other(hopefully) on the road.

Well, you already know my views about temperature guages, waste of time and
anxiety.  However, it is one thing criticising this, but something else to
do something about it.  Which is what the TSR has done.

By co-operating with an industrial expert and auto electrician, we have
devised a high temperature warning device.  This uses an industrial quality
sensor on the top hose, and a small black box fitted inside the car which
gives audible and visible warning.  There is a self-test button and It has
only 2 wires to connect.

The advantages are;
.  at last an ACCURATE indication
.  you won't have to squint any more
.  on sentry ALL the time - not just when you look
.  you will be able to concentrate on the road and enjoy driving
.  you are only warned when the temperature is too high

To those old enough to remember the 1970's Firestone telly advert, "I am
convinced this is a major contribution to road safety".  No prizes for
remembering the name of the extremely charismatic ex-policeman who said it.

For those interested in this device, retail prices are being finalised this
week by the manufacturer and credit card orders can then be placed.  As
supply is direct from the manufacturer, the price is relatively low
(probably about £40) and the Triumph Stag Register although instrumental in
bringing this to market, receives no commission or 'back-handers' on sales.
 I have even got to pay for my own unit !!!!

This kit will also fit other cars, so is of interest to the classic car
movement generally.  However, the sensor (pre-set temperature) is special
to the Stag and therefore does vary according to car.

For more details, please contact me.

Mike Wattam
Triumph Stag Register