Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Front suspension rebuild

Peter

Yes it is quite a job, but worth the experience.

My car was down at the front and down on the left side.  When I removed the
springs one was about 1 inch shorter than the other.

The new springs while shorter, have are thicker and hence would have less
tendancy to compress.  The car certainly stands higher than before, in fact
27inch from ground to the edge of the guard at the wheel centre, but I
expect it to settle a little.

Together with new shocks, insulator rubbers and strut tops the ride is a a
lot quieter and more stable.

keep staggering   brian