Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stag M/C

Peter:

>1) How does one undo master cylinder bottom nut, i.e.without removing
>servo? Would a slight leak from the bottom of the servo be cured by
>tightening this bottom nut

I seem to recall using an open-ended wrench to slowly work the nut
loose / tight when I replaced the M/C. It went slow, but it went.

But what kind of "leak" are you talking about? Fluid or vacuum? If it's
a fluid leak you have a bad M/C, and if you don't attend to it it will take
out your brake boost servo as well. (Ask me how I know... Brake fluid
and the rubber bits in the servo don't mix too well.) If it's a vacuum
leak then I'd think that you have one or more bad seals in your servo.

I hope this helps.

     Bruce

      Bruce A. Krobusek
          '83 R80RT