Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Oil cooler

greeting again from canberra,

Well i finally bite the bullet.  Driving home from the wheel alignment shop
I got dispondant at the oil pressure,  25 PSI at 2000 and 35psi at 3000.

Drove into the garage, onto the ramps and proceeded to rip that damn oil
cooler out.

BAck to the original oil filter set up, new replacement filter, complete
oil change to BP corse plus.

Oil pressure is now 45PSi at 2000 and certainly 45+ at 3000

that looks healthier, should have down it years ago.

Another oil pressure tip:   If you are not certain about the history of
your engine and oil pressure is less than desireable, carefully measure the
amount of oil (volume is stated in the Manuals) that you add at an oil
change.   Some time ago I discovered that the dip stick is not accurate and
stags seem to be very critical as to the oil level.

I now have new marks engraved on the stick to the correct volume.

keep staggering

brian