Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stag Technical Service Bulletins

Peter Howells wrote:
> Re: Auto Box Oil Level
> Drive until hot (4ish miles)
> Stop car on dead level ground and switch off.
> Check level within 30 secs
> All in BL tech bulletin on Web Site

This information, along with several other Stag TSBs, can be found on
the web at:

http://tmx.com/triumphsonly/bulletin/index.htm

These TSBs (full text, some with line drawings) have been placed on the
web courtesy of Triumphs Only in San Jose, California.  They seem to stop
at around 1977 or 1978, and do not include some TSBs that I know were
issued for the TR8 in 1980 or 1981.  While there are a number of TSBs
that are applicable to all models, the following list comprises the TSBs
that specifically apply to the Stag:

71-A-11  Fuel Pump Inertia Cut Out
71-A-12  Cooling System
71-A-14  Valve Springs
71-B-6   Distributor Contact Cap
71-G-19  Safety Recall (Owner's Letter Attached) [sticking throttle]
letter3  Safety Recall Owner's Letter

72-A-4   Oil Filter Element - Parts Stock
72-B-5a  Alternator Control Relay Type 16RA
72-C-1   Hood Catch Release
72-D-3   Borg Warner Automatic Transmission Fluid Level Check
72-D-4   Inhibitor Switch (Borg Warner Transmission)

73-A-3   Cylinder Gaskets
73-A-6   Cylinder Head Torque
73-B-1   Ballast Resistor
73-D-3   Gearbox Input Shaft and Constant Gears
73-D-3A  Gearbox Input Shaft and Constant Gears
73-D-7   Gear Lever Rattle
73-F-1   Steering Lock Stop

74-A-3   Oil Filter Sealing Ring
74-A-5   Twin Contact Breaker Ignition Distributor Noise
74-A-6   Cylinder Head Tappet Bores

I highly recommend that you browse through them - I've learned a few
things about maintaining my Stag and TR6 from reading them.  Some
are rather humorous - like taking only 7.9 hours (!) to replace all
of the valve springs (71-A-14) in a Stag engine...

Tim Buja - Rockford, Illinois, USA - 80 TR8, 73 Stag, 72 TR6