Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: stag-digest V4 #18

*************************
Help!

Desparate and Stagless!

Three months ago I purchased a 1976 auto Stag, I have only driven it 122
km's, and unfortunatly overheated the engine, it has been sitting in my
garage for the past three months gathering dust while I work to pay off
the car loan. I am 24 years old (but much wiser for the experience!),
and basicaly blew it.
I need advice/help on what to do from here. My mechanic has taken apart
the block, the two heads are warped, due to being severly overheated,
valve guides are no good, there is no thermostat, and therefore was
runing extra hot, sounds like my best option could be to source a 2nd
hand Stag engine, as I would like to keep the car original for resale
value (not that I will be selling it!)
I know nothing about car's except that for over ten years I have had a
passion for Triumph Stag's and now that I am living on Australia's Gold
Coast, I thought this would be a perfect place to own one.
Call me a sucker, but I have been stung by the Stag, and are very keen
to get mine up and runing. Unfortunatly I am still paying off the 12K
for the car so cash flow is a problem.
Any suggestions ??????????