Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Desparate & Stagless

Mark,

I don't know the situation in oz but here good secondhand running stag
engines are rare and expensive. The other options are :-

          To fix yours by either swapping the heads for recon ones or
getting them             reconditioned.

          Swap the complete engine for a recon one (also expensive).
Make sure that            you only send back the bits that you need to !

          Put a non standard engine in and keep the Stag engine for
later (then have           conversion problems and risks as I mention
below).

You could end up buying a secondhand engine that has all sorts of
unknown problems and no guarantee ! I prefer `the devil you know' !

Not much help I know, as all the options are either expensive, risky or
both !

Regards,

Dave.
--